Monday, July 13, 2009

Salaməleyküm!!! (PEACE BE UPON YOU)

Aziz mənim göyçək qohumlarım,

Nə var, nə yox?


It means in English:

Dear my beautiful relatives,

What is there, what is there not?


And in Kentuckyish:

Hey y'all,

What's up?


Bahahahaha.... I hope everyone is doing well. I myself, am drowning in Azeri words and phrases in Bloomington, IN. It is so hard!! All I do is go to class and study = MISERY. But hopefully, it will all pay off in the long run (i.e. when I meet a gorgeous Azeri man and can whisper sweet nothings in his ear - how inappropriate!!! hehehe). My midterm is this Friday (so cross your fingers for me) and then I have one more month... eek.

Obviously, I am counting down the days to Erin's wedding when I get to see everyone, get my boogie on, finally have a glass of wine, and speak english (or, perhaps more accurately, slurred english). Boy am I looking forward to it!!

After all, the wise men in Azerbaijan note that one should:

Palaza bürün, el ile sürün!! (Wrap yourself in a carpet, and roll together with your kinsmen)

Isn't this a perfect proverb for the Millers? :)

Love you!!!


2 comments:

megan said...

oh girl, wine you shall have! way to work your butt off!

Brittany said...

Ok i am just now joining this after getting the email from either steph or meg but im not really sure what im doing so if this doesnt show up i dont know. But as I think everyone knows now, Im transferring to UK and I am so excited to be a "normal" college student. I have a brand new apartment with three grad students who all attended centre and I know one of them because she is one of my friend's cousin. Anyways for now Im just trying to enjoy the rest of summer and make as much money for the fall as possible.

Miss u all bunches xooxoxox love u